Friday, March 18, 2016

Mini Lowly Worm Key-chain

This worm is a character from Richard Scarry's Busytown books. I made it to be my sister's key-chain mascot.
I found a pattern for an 18" Lowly Worm here, and used embroidery thread instead of yarn and a size 10 crochet hook. I used 1 strand of embroidery thread.

I think if I make it again the only thing I would do differently is make the shoe a little taller and make the pants a little longer. I put a pipe-cleaner in the body to make it bendable. Just be careful and cut the pipe-cleaner longer rather than shorter. I cut it too short and the head is a little wobbly.
Ready to travel!
This is after 6 months of extensive traveling

He's bendable

1 comment:

  1. Ok this is kind of an amazing use of my pattern. Thanks for linking back! Amazed it took me this long to notice. :)

    ReplyDelete